—Here are 7 Good Reasons
Risks are inevitable, especially during times of tragedy. And, when insurance was created in 1347, its main purpose was to eliminate risks, which remains true today.
There’s no secret really. When we do almost anything, we plan for the unexpected and make sure we’re covered, especially when we’re traveling. And, now that the pandemic is still going, there are many good reasons for travel insurance.
So, after booking your flight, make sure to have travel insurance if traveling overseas.
And, here are 7 good reasons:
Medical Emergencies: Your travel insurance provides financial coverage if you fall sick or are injured during your travel. Be sure to check the fine print and the details of the coverage.
Flight Cancellations: Call your insurance company for help if your flight is canceled or delayed. Depending on the cover available, a room for the night and even an alternative travel home can be included.
Pre-existing Medical Conditions: Even if you have a pre-existing medical condition and it flares up while you’re on vacation, as long as you’ve advised your travel insurance company prior, you should be covered.
Damage or Loss Of Personal property: What are you going to do if your luggage is lost or gets stolen? Yes, it happens, all the time. Guess what? You need travel insurance.
Loss of Cash or Traveller’s Cheques: You’re in a foreign country far from home. You either lose or have stolen, your entire holiday fund. You’re going to need help and quick. Again, travel insurance is a must.
Emergency Evacuations: Emergencies can pop up at any time and any place. Your travel insurance will help you evacuated if necessary.
Car Crash: It can be very difficult driving on the wrong side of the road in a strange country. Accidents happen.
While these are good and valid reasons for having travel insurance, I want to clarify several of things.
- Your home medical insurance may or may not include overseas coverage, so check with your provider for more details.
- There’s a difference between the insurance you opt-in for while booking your ticket than the insurance we’re talking about in this article. Purchase separate travel insurance using Travel Insurance Master, a search engine for coverage that fits your needs.
- Find out before you go what is excluded, not just included. So, always read the fine print. For example, accidental coverage is not provided in case of drunken driving, driving under the influence of narcotic substances, etc.
- Exclusions are also provided for accidents during risky sports like bungee jumping, car racing, scuba diving, white water rafting, flying (except as passenger in regular airliners), gliding, skiing, bike racing, diving, mountaineering, windsurfing, etc. The list goes on, such as insert for your favorite potentially dangerous sport here.
- That means in case of accidents in these situations the insurance company is not liable to pay any amount to the insured.
Also Read: Travel Planning Tips & Tools